UK films receive marketing support from EFP in Asia
UK sales agents and films have received a promotional boost from European Film Promotion (EFP) at this year’s FILMART which takes places from 19 to 22 March in Hong Kong.
EFP has dedicated a total of €106,000 via their Film Sales Support (FSS) scheme which reimburses European sales companies for the promotion and marketing of European films outside of Europe.
In total, 54 films from 19 European countries are benefitting from FSS including five from the UK.
- The Happy Prince (BE/DE/IT/UK) by Rupert Everett - Beta Cinema (DE)
- Pin Cushion (UK) by Deborah Haywood - Stray Dogs (FR)
- Hurricane (UK) by David Blair - Kaleidoscope Film Distribution (UK)
- Trendy (UK) by Louis Lagayette - The Bureau Sales (FR)
- Postcards from London (UK) by Steve McLean- Urban Distribution International (FR)
In addition, French documentary John Mcenroe: In The Realm Of Perfection is supported by UK distributors, Film Constellation.
EFP's EUROPE! UMBRELLA stand returns to FILMART this year, hosting 28 European sales agents (including the UK's HanWay Films) offering a space for meetings and displaying promotional materials.
EFP receives funding through Creative Europe’s Access to Markets scheme and is an international network of organisations promoting and marketing European cinema worldwide.
Image: Deborah Haywood’s Pin Cushion is one of 54 films selected for marketing support through European Film Promotion’s Film Sales Support scheme in 2018.
15 Mar 2018