Two UK films receive Selective Scheme support
The second set of results for the MEDIA sub-programme's Selective Distribution scheme 2020 (call number EACEA 21/2019 - deadline 16/06/2020) have now been published.
In this round of funding a total of €5,522,486 was awarded to sales agents from four different countries - France, Poland, Germany and Denmark. This grant is shared between 10 different European film titles, represented by nine sales agents who received a total of €256,568. As per the new rules introduced in 2018, these sales agents will now allocate the remaining €5,265,918 to the 205 distributors present in the groupings. Distributors from Slovenia, Portugal and the Netherlands were the most represented, with each of the three countries featuring in nine out of the 10 groupings.
Two UK Films, Supernova and Nowhere Special, which played at San Sebastian and Venice respectively this year, were supported through the scheme receiving a total of €1,581,604.
Only one UK distributor was included in the groupings, for the distribution of Thomas Vinterberg's Cannes and TIFF selected Another Round. However, this could increase as it is possible for sales agents to allocate up to 10% of the total grant they receive to distributors who come on board after the application deadline.
The 10 films included in the selection are:
- Supernova, directed by Harry Mcqueen (UK), sales agent: Le Petit Bureau (€944,519)
- Druk/Another Round, directed by Thomas Vinterberg (Denmark/Sweden), sales agent: TrustNordisk (€827,641)
- Nowhere Special, directed by Uberto Pasolini, (UK/Italy/Romania), sales agent: Beta Cinema (€637,085)
- Dýrið/Lamb, directed by Valdimar Jóhannsson (Iceland/Sweden/Poland), sales agent: New Europe Film Sales (€517,332)
- Gloria Mundi, directed by Robert Guédiguian (France), sales agent: MK2 Films (€186,639)
- Undine, directed by Christian Petzhold, (Germany), sales agent: The Match Factory (€425,147)
- Sarlatan/Charlatan, directed by Agnieszka Holland (Czech Republic/Ireland/Poland/Slovak Republic), sales agent: Films Boutique (€445,180)
- Tre Piani/Three Floors, directed Nanni Moretti (Italy), sales agent: The Match Factory (€555,745)
- Gli Anni Più Belli/The Best Years, directed by Gabriele Muccino, sales agent: Elle Driver (€599,061)
- Eté 85/Summer of 85, directed by François Ozon (France), sales agent: Playtime (€384,137)
See the full results on the EACEA website.
29 Oct 2020