Six European films receive Film Sales Support at Sundance
The promotional campaigns for six European films are being boosted by the Creative Europe-funded Films Sales Support (FSS) initiative at this year's Sundance Film Festival (21-31 January).
Sundance is dedicated to the discovery of new independent cinema from around the world and acts as a gateway to the North American market. Run by European Film Promotion (EFP), a total of €25,000 has been earmarked to go towards the sales companies' campaigns through the FSS scheme. This is intended to facilitate sales of the European films to North America and strengthen networking with buyers at the festival.
All six films of the supported films are also screening in competition at the festival:
- Land of the Enlightened by Pieter-Jan De Pue (Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland)
- A Good Wife by Mirjana Karanovic (Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Mammal by Rebecca Daly (Ireland, Luxembourg, The Netherlands)
- Belgica by Felix Van Groeningen (Belgium)
- Agnus Dei by Anne Fontaine (France)
- Wild by Nicolette Krebitz (Germany)
Photo: Mammal, courtesy of Sundance Film Festival
18 Jan 2016