Selective Distribution results published
The first set of results for the MEDIA sub-programme in 2015 have now been published.
Close to €4.2 million was awarded for the January deadline of the Distribution: Selective scheme which will support the theatrical releases of 24 European films outside of their home countries.
UK distributors received €247,700 in total, which will support the release of the following European films in this territory:
- Das große Museum (The Great Museum), directed by Johannes Holzhausen and released by Matchbox Films on 12 December 2014.
- En duva satt på en gren och funderade på tillvaron (A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence), directed by Roy Andersson and released by Curzon Film World on 24 April 2015.
- Bande de filles (Girlhood), directed by Céline Sciamma and released by STUDIOCANAL on 8 May 2015.
- Pheonix, directed by Christian Petzold and released by Soda Pictures on 8 May 2015.
- Les Combattants (Love at First Fight), directed by Thomas Cailley and released by Curzon Film World on 19 June 2015.
- Eden, directed by Mia Hansen-Løve and released by Metrodome Distribution on 24 July 2015.
- Retour à Ithaque (Return to Ithaca), directed by Laurent Cantet and released by Network Distributing.
- Fasandræberne (The Absent One), directed by Mikkel Nørgaard and released by Picturehouse Entertainment.
No new UK films were supported in this deadline. However, two previously supported films were awarded additional grants:
- Pride, directed by Matthew Warchus (for its releases in Poland and Greece)
- 20,000 Days on Earth, directed by Iain Forsyth, Jane Pollard (for its release in Hungary)
See the full set of results on the EACEA website.
05 May 2015