MEDIA films at the BFI London Film Festival 2020
The BFI London Film Festival returns for its 64th edition running with a hybrid format 7 to 8 October and showcasing over 50 virtual premieres.
Among the films selected to screen there are five features that have received support through Creative Europe:
- Another Round (Druk) (Denmark) – the Danish film directed by Thomas Vinterberg tells the story about four friends, all high school teachers, who test a theory that states that they will improve their lives by maintaining a constant level of alcohol in their blood.
- Never Gonna Snow Again (Poland/Germany) – directed by Malgorzata Szumowska, the film tells the story of Zhenia, a Russian-speaking immigrant from the East who works as a masseur in Poland and becomes a guru-like figure in a wealthy gated community where his clients live
- Notturno (Italy/France/Germany) – directed by Gianfranco Rosi, the documentary is an immersive portrait of those trying to survive in the war-torn Middle East
- Supernova (UK) – Harry Macqueen’s film tells the story of Sam and Tusker who are traveling across England in their old RV to visit friends, family and places from their past. Since Tusker was diagnosed with dementia two years ago, their time together is the most important thing they have.
- Wolfwalkers (Ireland/Luxembourg/France) - this animation is about a young apprentice hunter and her father journey to Ireland to help wipe out the last wolf pack. But everything changes when she befriends a free-spirited girl from a mysterious tribe rumored to transform into wolves by night.
See the full programme of films on the BFI website.
02 Oct 2020