Join us at Cannes 2019
Creative Europe will be present at Cannes Film Festival (14 - 25 May) with a number of screening in the festival selection and various industry events related to the programme scheduled throughout the festival.
To enjoy the best of these European-focused initiatives keep an eye out for the following events:
How international talent labs can help boost your career | Panel
Friday 17 May, 14:00-15:15, UK Film Centre Pavilion 116, Village International – Riviera
- Savina Neirotti, executive director, TorinoFilmLab
- Savvas Stavrou, filmmaker
- Marit van den Elshout, head of industry, IFFR
- moderated by Jo Duncombe, film programme manager, British Council
Beyond Brexit: sustaining creative collaborations | Panel
Sunday 19 May, 11:00-12:30, UK Film Centre Pavilion 116, Village International – Riviera
No matter the date or decision about Brexit, the UK film industry will work to be a valuable European partner. Find out the latest developments and plans being put in place to ensure the best outcomes for UK and European filmmakers and audiences.
- Harriet Finney, director of external affairs, BFI
- Agnieszka Moody, director, Creative Europe Desk UK
- Christine Eloy, general manager, Europa Distribution
- moderated by Wendy Mitchell, Screen International
A Europe of talents: empowering creativity | European Film Forum
Monday 20 May, 15:00-17:30, Salon des Ambassadeurs, Palais des Festivals
The event will feature a conversation between two renowned European directors, as well as a panel discussion looking to ask how best to foster a favourable business environment enabling European works and creativity to flourish and reach wider audiences internationally.
A detailed agenda will soon be made available on the European Commission's website.
European Audiovisual Observatory | Conference
Saturday 18 May, 9:30-11:30, Cinéma Olympia, 5 Rue de la Pompe, 06400 Cannes
Centred around film financing and European strategies to boost cultural diversity, the conference will ask key questions such as:
- Who are the new financial players?
- How does public policy channel money into film funds and financing mechanisms?
- How is the structure of film financing in Europe changing?
The full range of topics, as well as an outline of speakers can be viewed here.
17-22 May, various times, MEDIA stand, European Pavilion
Presentations on the schedule include:
- European Film Promotion on 'Helping professionals reach new markets' | Friday 17 May, 11:00
- European Audiovisual Observatory on 'Lumiere VOD' | Saturday 18 May, 17:00
- A conversation with Carla Simon on making your first film a success | Sunday 19 May, 10:00
- Nut alone on the new marketplace to unlock access to European independent films | Tuesday 21 May, 10:00
Download the full line-up here.
Creative Europe MEDIA stand, European Pavilion 119, Village International, Riviera
Organised by MEDIA-stands.eu, the European Pavilion is a meeting point for producers, distributors, sales agents, festival and training organisers. Market delegates can make use of the space throughout the festival and speak to representatives from the Europe-wide network of Creative Europe Desks, the policy experts at the European Commission and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) who will be there to answer any questions about Creative Europe funding opportunities. Find out more.
Contacting Creative Europe Desk UK in Cannes
Along with other Desks from around Europe we will be at the Creative Europe MEDIA stand in the European Pavilion. Come and say hi to our Director Agnieszka between 12:00-14:00 on Monday 20 May if you have any queries about the programme. You can also email her to set up a meeting.
You can also get in touch to find out which European Commission and EACEA staff will be attending should you wish to arrange a meeting.
04 Apr 2019