Four UK distributors receive funding to support the release of 10 European films
The results from the second round of the Creative Europe MEDIA sub-programme’s Selective Distribution scheme have been published.
In total, 150 distributors from 32 countries were awarded €6,904,800 to support the release of 12 European films produced outside of their home countries.
UK distributors are involved in 10 of these 12 films, with four companies receiving a total of €551,200 to support the release of the following films in the UK:
- Girl – Curzon Film World
- Cold War (Zimna wojna) – Curzon Film World
- The House That Jack Built – Curzon Film World
- Transit – Curzon Film World
- Sunset (Napszallta) – Curzon Film World
- U – July 22 (Utoya 22. Juli) – Modern Films Entertainment
- Mug (Twarz) - Bulldog Film Distribution
- Border (Gräns) – MUBI UK
- Happy as Lazzaro (Lazzaro felice) – Modern Films Entertainment
- Dogman – Curzon Film World
Curzon Film World and MUBI UK continue to receive funding, while two new UK distributors, Modern Films Entertainment and Bulldog Film Distribution, received Creative Europe support for the first time.
The full set of results can be found on the EACEA website.
Image: Alice Rohrwacher's Italian drama Happy as Lazzaro (Lazzaro felice) received support through the Selective Distribution scheme.
25 Oct 2018