Five UK producers to take part in 20th Rotterdam Lab
The producers for the 20th edition of the Rotterdam Lab have been announced. Established in 2001, the Rotterdam Lab is a five-day training programme for emerging producers, organised as part IFFR's co-production market CineMart (supported by Creative Europe’s Access to Markets scheme).
The aim of the Rotterdam Lab is to give producers at the start of their careers the opportunity to develop their international market experience and knowledge via access to CineMart participants, panel discussions and round table sessions. The Lab seeks to build confidence and skills to navigate the world of international film financing, sales and distribution.
With 69 producers coming from over 31 countries, the following five producers were selected from the UK:
- David Neilson of White Stag Films & Filming Scotland. Nominated by Scottish Film Talent Network
- Loran Dunn of Delaval. Nominated by British Council / British Film Institute
- Lorine Plagnol of Sungazer. Nominated by B3 Media
- Maeve McMahon of Dura Mater Films Ltd. Nominated by Scottish Film Talent Network
- Nikola Vasakova of Girls in Film (pictured). Nominated by British Film Council
The full list of participants can be found on the IFFR website.
23 Jan 2020