Five co-production funds supported by MEDIA
Five co-production funding projects have been awarded a total of €1,508,000 from Creative Europe’s MEDIA programme, through its International Co-production Funds scheme. The Creative Europe grants support organisations that help European and international co-production partners to meet or provide them with access to international co-production funds.
The projects which have successfully secured backing are:
- Torino Film Lab World Production & Distribution Fund (Italy), which supports innovative audience development strategies
- World Cinema Fund Europe (Germany), which develops and supports cinema in regions with a weak film infrastructure
- IDFA Bertha Fund Europe (Netherlands), which works to stimulate documentary co-production in developing countries
- HBF+ Europe (Netherlands), which helps to support co-productions from Africa, Asia, Latin America and certain countries in Eastern Europe
- ACM Distribution (France), who have received funding for the first time.
Full details of the funding results can be viewed on the European Commission’s website.
Photo: The IDFA Bertha Fund supports documentary filmmakers and festivals in developing countries.
22 Jun 2015