Film Sales Support granted to six UK films for AFM 2019
European Film Promotion (EFP) are returning to the American Film Market (6-13 November) and will be championing the latest European cinema through their Film Sales Support (FSS) initiative.
With grants totalling almost €57,000, FSS contributes to the promotion and marketing of the 22 selected films who attend the market with the view to securing distribution and boosting their awards campaigns.
Of the 22 European film awarded support, four are being sold by UK sales agents. They are:
- Eternal Beauty, directed by Craig Roberts (Bankside Films)
- Herself, directed by Phyllida Lloyd (Cornerstone Films)
- Love Sarah, directed by Eliza Schroeder (Film Seekers)
- Muscle, directed by Gerard Johnson (WestEnd Films)
A further two films have UK involvement and are being sold by German sales outfit Beta Cinema. They are:
- The Space Between the Lines, directed by Vanessa Jopp
- The Bike Thief, directed by Matt Chambers
See the full list on the EFP website.
EFP - who are supported through Creative Europe's Access to Markets scheme - will kick off their presence at the AFM with its annual EUROPE! Cocktail; a networking event for buyers, sales agents and European filmmakers.
Image: Eternal Beauty premiered at this year's London Film Festival and recently earned Sally Hawkins a BIFA nomination for Best Actress. Image courtesy of Bankside Films.
30 Oct 2019