ON THE BLOG: Resources for your Slate Funding application
With a deadline on 20 February 2019, production companies now have just under two months to submit an application to the MEDIA sub-programme's Slate Funding scheme. With that in mind we have compiled the following resources to help you complete your application, more detailed feedback can be given on a one-to-one basis so do get in touch if you are thinking of applying.
Not sure if you are eligible?
- Read our overview together with the official guidelines and use our eligibility checklist to first find out if you meet the criteria.
Want to know how it all works?
- Two other key reads are the guide for applicants which takes you through the application process and answers some FAQS, and the guide for experts which will break down how points are awarded in the application.
Applying to Creative Europe for the first time?
- Watch our video tutorials of how to set-up an ECAS account, register your company in the Participant Portal and download the e-Form.
Need some help?
- Get in touch. Our team of specialists based around the UK are on hand to offer free advice and support before the application is submitted.
- Don't forget the attachments: templates are available for Annexes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and remember that 10MB is the maximum size for all five.
Wondering what makes a successful project?
- The strategies you write in the e-Form are key to scoring maximum points, so read our tips to get a sense of what the experts are looking for.
- Watch our producer case studies or read blog posts from Wildgaze, See-Saw, Number 9, Spring Films and Dog Ears to hear words of wisdom from those who got it right.
- Take a look through the funded projects section of our website for examples of UK companies funded through this scheme.
Photo: Danish production company Meta Film received support in 2014 for Border (Gräns). The film won the Un Certain Regard Award at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival and has since been nominated for Best Make-Up & Hair at the Oscars®. MUBI have also received support through the Distribution: Selective scheme to release the film in the UK.
Article by Francesca Walker
24 Jan 2019