Attend the first Creative Lenses Forum
The Creative Lenses Forum brings together thinkers and managers from arts and cultural organisations, business and academia to explore business model innovation in independent arts venues and performing arts organisations.
The University of the Arts London – Innovation Insights Hub, together with Village Underground, are the UK partners in the project.
- Julie Aldridge (Arts Marketing Association)
- Catherine Bunting (Everyday Participation)
- Stefan Haefliger (Cass Business School)
- Francesca Sanderson (Nesta)
- Giovanni Schiuma (University of Basilicata)
- Mary-Alice Stack (Creative United)
- When: 13 October 2016, 10am to 5pm
- Where: Chelsea College of Arts Banqueting Hall
- Cost: Organisations £50, professionals £30, students and UAL staff £10
- RSVP and further information
Lucy Kimbell, Director, Innovation Insights Hub, University of the Arts London, commented: "This is a time of uncertainty about the future directions for Europe. We are all facing questions about belonging, participation and agency. At such times, culture and identity become ever more important as ways for people to understand and negotiate what is shared and what is different.
"Few people would disagree that arts and cultural organisations play important roles in helping audiences and communities explore such themes. And yet financial pressures and new technologies are reshaping the landscape for the arts. What kinds of business models are possible? What do arts managers need to be thinking about to create resilient organisations? The Creative Lenses project, funded by Creative Europe, aims to provide some of the answers. This four year, action research project involving 11 partners in eight countries brings together leading practitioners and researchers across Europe to explore business model innovation in the arts. We look forward to helping shape the future of the arts sector – and in so doing the future of European culture."
02 Aug 2016