18 UK emerging professionals join the 15th edition of Berlinale Talents
250 emerging professionals from 71 countries have been selected to join this year’s Berlinale Talents, 18 of which are from the UK. Exploring the theme “Courage: Against All Odds,” the talents will participate in a six-day programme featuring over 100 events – many of which are also open to the public.
The UK participants are:
- Ali Manrui, Producer
- Nikola Media, Sound Designer
- Anna Jancsó, Producer
- Adam Butcher, Director/Screenwriter
- Rose Glass, Director/Screenwriter
- Fateme Ahmadi, Director/Editor
- Lud Mônaco, Director/Screenwriter
- Victoria Fiore, Director/Editor
- Ben Adler, Director
- Keir Burrows, Director/Screenwriter
- Goran Stolevski, Director/Screenwriter
- Luigi Campi, Director/Screenwriter
- Miranda Howard-Williams, Director/Screenwriter
- Christopher Small, Film Critic/Journalist
- Ilinca Calugareanu, Director/Screenwriter
- Andrew Oldbury, Producer
- David Leion, Director/Screenwriter
- Mike Forshaw, Director/Screenwriter
Festival Director Dieter Kosslick says: “Since 2003 we have welcomed 5,128 young Talents to Berlin, with over 100 returning to the festival or the film market each year. This extended network symbolises cultural exchange across all borders, keeps the festival cutting-edge and is living proof that talent development always pays off.”
Berlinale Talents takes place in the theatres of HAU Hebbel am Ufer from 11 to 16 February, 2017.
The full programme will be published on 31 January 2017.
See the Berlinale Talents website for more information.
Image: The Meet the Expert at Work session with Wendy Bernfeld, Managing director of Rights Stuff. © Chiara Ferrau, Berlinale 2016
23 Jan 2017