12 MEDIA-funded films to screen at Venice
With the 76th edition of the Venice Film Festival approaching (28 August - 7 September), here are those selected in the line-up that received funding through Creative Europe's MEDIA-sub programme.
Supported at either their development or distribution stage - through the Single Project, Sales Agents and Automatic schemes - four will be competing for the prestigious Golden Lion. The selected films are:
In Competition - Venezia 76
- The Truth (La Vérité), directed by Hirokazu Kore-eda (Japan/France)
- The Painted Bird (Nabarvené ptáče), directed by Václav Marhoul (Czech Republic/Ukraine/Slovakia)
- About Endlessness (Om Det Oändliga), directed by Roy Andersson (Sweden/Germany/Norway)
- Martin Eden, directed by Pietro Marcello (France/Italy)
- Blanco en Blanco, directed by Theo Court (Spain/Chile/France/Germany)
- Madre, directed by Rodrigo Sorogoyen (Spain/France)
- Effeto Domino, directed by Alessandro Rossetto (Italy)
In Competition - Venice International Critics' Week
- Psychosia (Psykosia), directed by Marie Grahtø (Denmark/Finland)
Giornate degli Autori
- 5 is The Perfect Number (5 è il numero perfetto) directed by Igort (Italy/Belgium/France)
- Barn (Beware of Children) directed by Dag Johan Haugerud (Norway/Sweden)
- You Will Die at 20 directed by Amjad Abu Alala (Sudan/France/Egypt/Germany/Norway/Qatar)
- Only The Animals (Seules les Bêtes) directed by Dominik Moll (France/Germany)
Creative Europe will also have a presence at the festival this year across various activities, including the European Film Forum, the Gap Financing Market and the attendance of our director Agnieszka Moody. Get in touch if you are interested in arranging a meeting.
Read the full line-up of films at the Venice Film Festival on their website.
Image: Palme d'Or winner Hirokazu Kore-eda's film The Truth, starring Catherine Deneuve, Juliette Binoche and Ethan Hawke, will open the 76th Venice Film Festival.
21 Aug 2019