12 films supported under Selective distribution scheme
The first set of results for the MEDIA sub-programme's Selective Distribution scheme of non-national films 2020 (call number EACEA 21/2019 - deadline 10/12/2019) have now been published.
In this round of funding a total of €4.7 million was awarded to sales agents from five different countries including France, Poland, Germany and Denmark. This will support the theatrical release of 12 European films outside of their country of origin. As per the new rules introduced in 2018, these sales agents will now allocate the funds to distributors within the grouping in order to promote and release the film in that country.
In the UK, HanWay is the first UK sales agent to be selected for this scheme under the new selection rules. They were awarded €825,908 towards the distribution of Falling, the directorial debut of Viggo Mortensen which premiered at Sundance. The grant will be shared with the 23 European distributors in the grouping.
The 12 films included in the selection are:
- Deux / Two Of Us, directed by Filippo Meneghetti (France)
- Die Heinzels - Ruckkehr Der Heinzelmanner / The Elfkins - Baking a Difference, directed by Ute von Münchow-Pohl (Germany)
- Om Det Oandliga / About Endlessness, directed by Roy Andersson (Sweden)
- La Bonne Epouse / How To Be A Good Wife, directed by Martin Provost (France)
- Le Voyage Du Prince / The Prince’s Voyage, directed by Jean-François Laguionie, Xavier Picard (France)
- Martin Eden, directed by Pietro Marcello (Italy)
- Un Divan A Tunis / Arab Blues, directed by Manèle Labidi Labbé (France)
- Hap / Hope, directed by Maria Sødahl (Norway)
- La Daronne / Mama Weed, directed by Jean-Paul Salomé (France)
- Boze Cialo / Corpus Christi, directed by Jan Komasa (Poland)
- Adam, directed by Maryam Touzani (France)
- Falling, directed by Viggo Mortensen (Denmark)
UK distributors are involved the groupings for six of these titles. They are set to receive a total of €135,275 between them.
See the full results on the EACEA website.
Image: Falling, directed by Viggo Mortensen. Image courtesy of HanWay Films.
11 Jun 2020