11 MEDIA-funded films nominated for Oscars
The nominations for the 88th Academy Awards have been announced, featuring 11 MEDIA-funded films that will be in the running to take home an Oscar® on 28 February.
From these 11 films, it is Todd Haynes’ Carol that leads the race with six nominations overall. The film’s UK producers Number 9 Films received support for the development of the project through the previous MEDIA Programme (2007-2013).
The other MEDIA-funded nominations are:
- 45 Years (Best Actress)
- A War (Best Foreign Language Film)
- Amy (Best Documentary Feature)
- Brooklyn (Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Adapted Screenplay)
- Carol (Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Costume Design, Best Original Score, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography)
- Mustang (Best Foreign Language Film)
- Shaun the Sheep Movie (Best Animated Feature Film)
- Son of Saul (Best Foreign Language Film)
- The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (Best Makeup and Hair Styling)
- The Look of Silence (Best Documentary Feature)
- Youth (Best Original Song for "Simple Song #3")
14 Jan 2016