MusXchange 2018-20: EFNYO's programme fostering transnational mobility, strengthening of s
The National Youth Orchestras Of Scotland Limited
Total project grant (euros)
1 Jul 2018 - 30 Sep 2020
Number of partners in project
European Federation Of National Youth Orchestras, Austria
Wiener Jeunesse Orchester, Austria
Instituto Nacional De Las Artes Escenias Y De La Musica, Spain
Deutscher Musikrat Gemeinnutzige Projektgesellschaft Mbh, Germany
Stichting Njo, Netherlands
Fondazione Scuola Di Musica Di Fiesole Onlus, Italy
Asociatia Obsteasca Asociatia Muzical-Corala, Moldova
Orchestre Francais Des Jeunes, France
The National Youth Orchestras Of Scotland Limited, Scotland
Centrul National De Arta Tinerimearomana, Romania
Idryma Symfoniki Orchistra Kyprou, Cyprus
Hungarydobne Centrum, Slovakia
Abbaye Aux Dames - La Cite Musicale- Saintes, France
"MusXchange 2018-20" is a project coordinated by the European Federation of National Youth Orchestras (EFNYO).
It involves 1 coordinator, 12 full partners, 28 associated, 9 networking partners in over 40 countries for 27 months (July 01, 2018-Sept 30, 2020).
The project's sub-strands are based on EFNYO orchestras' long-standing experiences as national platforms for high-level ensemble training, skilling new generations of musicians, engaging with audiences, and setting up transnational mobility projects.
The new MusX 2018-20 scheme has been extended to embrace 9 activities ranging from well-established to innovative formats:
1. MusX_musicians/exchanges: sending/hosting 190 musicians within the EFNYO network to join orchestra projects abroad for 10 days to 4 weeks.//
2. MusX_musicians/training: offering 32 musicians to join workshops, incubator programmes on issues of audience building, entrepreneurship and innovation.//
3. MusX_musicians/chamber music: 43 musicians in bi-lateral and multilateral ensemble projects with a strong focus on audience and outreach activities.//
4. MusX_-managers/site visits: sending/hosting 6 senior/junior managers for sharing professional expertise on management, audience engagement and innovation.//
5. MusX_managers/training: train-the-trainers' workshops on issues of orchestra management, audience engagement, entrepreneurship, digital innovation, and project-related strategies and evaluation processes.//
6.+7. MusX_goes professional: 18 musicians in internships with ONE professional orchestras and side-by-side projects in Romania.//
8. MusX_orchestras/multilateral projects: 15 musicians hosted in a project partner's multilateral orchestra project with a strong European dimension.//
9. MusX_orchestras/centres of performance, resources and excellence: 33 musicians join orchestras in the Netherlands and France to work in various ensemble and innovative training formats, interact creatively with audiences, and be part of audience research.