I Will Be Everything...
New International Encounter
Total project grant (euros)
5 Jun 2017 - 30 May 2020
Number of partners in project
New International Encounter, UK
Norland Teater, Norway
Verein Theater Schule Theater Am Ortweinplatz, Austria
Arrakala, Kooperativa Elkartea Txikia, Spain
Teatr Figur Krakow Fundacja Dzialantworczych, Poland
Odsherred Teater, Denmark
Mummpitz, Theater Fur Kinder Und Jugendliche, Germany
The project explores the artists and audience of the future and shares skills, capacities and expertise among the artists and cultural workers of the present.
'I Will Be Everything…' includes a touring theatre show, an exhibition and educational workshop that asks children to imagine their future. Their town, their life, their family, maybe their job, their football team or even a future environmental or political reality.
'I Will Be Everything…' is an Audience Development Project that asks cultural organisations to imagine their future audience, to explore audiences that they do not currently engage with and challenge themselves to find out why. It asks cultural organisations to invite the audience of the future into their venue and into their creative process. The project develops and creates an audience development programme shared by the partners and disseminated to a wider audience.
'I Will Be Everything…' builds capacity within the partner organisations by sharing between them:
- A dynamic model for working with children as co-creators alongside professional artists.
- Models of and experience in best practice in working with harder to reach audience in their locality and beyond.
Project outputs include:
- 78 performances of a new immersive theatre performance that explores our shared future, our visions and our fears presented to an audience of 5,000.
- Over 314 workshops for over 3,000 primary school children.
- A virtual space that shares the creative materials generated by the project between the participants.
- An Audience Development online resource for teachers and creative learning practitioners.
- A touring exhibition of the collaborative work created by the project that visits each partner’s home base and a wider audience.
- An Audience Development toolkit available to cultural organisations, which support the development of new audiences and share the project’s findings.