Developing Your Film Festival 2016
Independent Cinema Office
Total project grant (euros)
1 Jun 2015
Result publication date
2 Sep 2015
21 Jul 2016 - 26 Jul 2016
Developing Your Film Festival is the world’s only development programme for film festivals.
It has been designed and developed to help film festival professionals improve their business skills, develop creative strategies for building their audiences and income, and nurture future collaborations. This unique training course will allow you to:
- Understand how to put your festival on the path to longevity and creativity;
- Find new routes to develop audiences as well as income;
- Exchange ideas and practices with other international film festivals that share your concerns;
- Learn how to connect with partners and collaborators that can take your festival to the next level;
- Visit one of Europe’s most picturesque festivals in Motovun in Croatia, a UNESCO World Heritage site
The sixth edition of the Independent Cinema Office’s six-day residential training course ran from 21 – 26 July 2016 in Motovun, Croatia. The course fostered international networking, collaboration, information sharing and partnerships between film festivals across Europe and beyond, sharing best practice and encouraging them to integrate an international dimension into their work.
Speakers at the course came from established organisations from across the globe such as Berlinale, Hot Docs, Rotterdam, Vilnius and Tallinn Black Nights Film Festivals and industry publications like Cineuropa and Screen International.