Run For The Border 2020 - NI
George's Quay, Dundalk, Ireland
Time to meet the neighbours... again!
The Island of Ireland is home to two wonderful, talented game dev communities. RUN FOR THE BORDER is an international meeting of the minds, an event created for the purposes of friendship, cooperation and camaraderie, taking place exactly halfway between Dublin and Belfast. We’re breaking down borders… on the border.
Friday 17th January 2020 – The Spirit Store, Dundalk - tickets via eventbrite.
(This is the BELFAST / NORTH sign up page. If you are from DUBLIN / SOUTH, get your tickets here instead.)
Games NI & Imirt have joined forces to bring our two tribes together, with generous support from the Creative Europe Desks UK & Ireland. The Creative Europe Desks are springing for TWO 50-SEATER COACHES (one from each city centre) to take us all to Dundalk and back!
This North-South shindig will once again be a friendly event designed to meet new people, form cross-border collaborations, eat food, drink drink, listen to sage advice from local geniuses, play with each other’s toys, with probably a few surprises thrown in.
The final schedule is yet to be confirmed but the provisional schedule is:
5:00pm - Coach leaves Belfast City Centre (final location TBD)
6:30pm - Coach arrives at the Spirit Store, Dundalk
- There will be food.
- There will be drink.
- There will be friendly, talented folk.
- There will be speakers (but a couple less than last year so more time for chat!)
11:30pm - Coach leaves the Spirit Store, Dundalk
1:00am - Coach arrives back at Belfast City Centre
Note: You can make your own way to Dundalk if you wish. Because the cost of the coach is supported by Creative Europe, the ticket price is the same regardless of whether you take the coach or make your own way there. If you don’t need the coach, leave the seat open for others please!
- Spaces on the coach are limited to 50 people. After that we'll have a waitlist, or get there yourself.
- The ticket price goes towards covering event costs: food, venue, etc. We have priced the tickets as low as possible, but in the event that there is a surplus, the money will go towards future events or to the organisation (Imirt/Games NI).
- The Spirit Store accept both Euro and Sterling.
This event is being generously supported by Creative Europe Desks UK & Ireland.
This event is jointly organised by Games NI, the association of Games Developers and Producers in Northern Ireland, and Imirt, the Irish Game Makers Association.
BOOKING ESSENTIAL - TICKETS VIA EVENTBRITE