Cooperation Project one-to-ones across Scotland
Kate Deans, the Culture sub-programme contact point in Scotland for Creative Europe Desk UK, will be running one-to-ones across Scotland to help organisations and companies prepare for the Cooperation Projects deadline in the autumn.
Planning on applying to this year’s Cooperation Projects deadline? You can meet with Kate to:
- Have a refresher about the Cooperation Projects funding strand and discuss where this may align with your own international connections and organisational ambitions particularly around audience development, digitisation, training & education, new business models, and circulation of people and work.
- Discuss a project idea that you are developing and whether it’s a good fit for this funding strand
- Find out more about the application process, and how to prepare for this in coordination with your partners
- Decide how to reach out to networks to find out what other Cooperation Projects are being developed in your fields of interest
Not ready to apply but want to discuss international working? Meet with Kate to:
- Discuss your existing European and international networks and partnerships
- Find out more about existing projects and networks out there
Book a one-to-one with Kate:
- In Dundee on Tuesday 28 May
- In Aberdeen on Thursday 13 June, during Look Again Festival
- In Inverness on Wednesday 3 and Thursday 4 July for XpoNorth
- In Glasgow on Wednesday 29 May, Wednesday 19 June or Wednesday 17 July
- In Edinburgh*
*Kate is based in Edinburgh, and it is possible to arrange meetings outside these dates.
What do you need to do to prepare for the Cooperation Projects call?
Whether you are deciding to be the lead on a project or a partner, the earlier you can begin discussions and work on your Cooperation Project, the stronger the application, the partnership and the project will be. Read our Cooperation Projects advice and tips from last year.
- Approach your partners and discuss your project idea
- Develop your project idea and get feedback from someone from the Creative Europe Desk team
- Have in-person and Skype meetings with your partners to discuss the developing project, the budget, the division of activities, and tackling the application documents
- Understand the application process and documents
- Begin to firm up confirmed activities
- Begin to decide on budget allocations
Once this year’s call has been published, there will be:
- An application writing workshop in September to gather as many Scottish applicants together to go through a refresher on the application process, hear about any updates from this year’s call. We’re not anticipating any significant changes, but there may be smaller modifications to documents/questions. Sign up to the newsletter and contact Kate to let her know you are intending to apply so that you get notified when this date has been confirmed.
- A financial management workshop in late September/early October to tackle more in-depth questions around preparing and managing the budget with partners, and how to best set up systems and prepare for running a project
- A final drop-in session before the deadline for people to air any final questions in a group setting
- Cooperation Projects deadline TBC in the autumn
But remember Creative Europe Desk UK are always happy to discuss project ideas, partnerships and the application process before these workshops. The earlier you have these discussions, the more you can prepare with your partners.