18 Jan 2018, 11:00AM
The call was published on
14 Sep 2017
This funding opportunity supports the delivery of cultural and creative transnational cooperation projects across any art form for a maximum duration of four years.
Two categories are available under this annual funding strand:
Category 1: Small Cooperation Projects
- You would apply as a partnership of a minimum of 3 partner organisations from 3 different eligible countries;
- You can apply for a grant of up to €200,000;
- You can apply for up to 60% of the total project budget. Match funding is required.
Category 2: Large Cooperation Projects
- You would apply as a partnership of a minimum of 6 partners from 6 different eligible countries;
- You can apply for a grant of up to €2 million;
- You can apply for up to 50% of the total project budget. Match funding is required.
There is an annual deadline for both categories.
Cooperation Projects related to the European Year of Cultural Heritage
There is an additional, one-off call for proposals for 2018 on: Cooperation Projects related to the European Year of Cultural Heritage. Please note that this has different criteria and a separate deadline of 22 November 2017. Applicants can only apply under one strand.
This overview is intended for guidance only. The guidelines for the 2018 deadline can be found on the website of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), which administers Creative Europe.
Creative, cultural and heritage organisations working across any art form, such as visual arts, dance, theatre, literature, performance, music, heritage, architecture, design, circus, festivals, craft and fashion. This includes higher education institutions, local authorities, social enterprises, charities and companies operating in the cultural and creative sectors.
The applicants (the project leader and the partners) must be active in the cultural and creative sectors and be legally established in one of the countries participating in the Culture sub-programme of Creative Europe. Both the project leader and partners must be in a position to demonstrate their existence as a legal entity at the deadline for submission.
Only the lead organisation needs to have been legally established for two years prior to the deadline.
Individuals may not apply for a grant.
Full eligibility criteria is outlined in the guidelines.
For Small Cooperation Projects, partners can apply for a grant of up to €200,000 (maximum of 60% of the total project budget).
For Large Cooperation Projects, partners can apply for a grant of up to €2 million (maximum of 50% of the total project budget).
These grants are shared between partners and the partnership decides how much is allocated to each organisation.
Match funding is required and the partners decide how much each organisation agrees to contribute.
The next annual deadline is 18 January 2018 at 11am GMT.
Here's how to prepare for the application process:
- Creative Europe Europe Desk UK offers free advice and support for Creative Europe applicants from the UK. You can attend one of our free events to find out more about what makes a good project;
- If you can't attend any of our seminars get in touch and we can send you the link to watch a recording;
- If you are thinking of applying, get in touch with our Culture specialists across the UK as we also offer one-to-one sessions in person, over the phone or via Skype;
- Read through the 2018 guidelines.
- Take a look at our news article on preparing for the next Cooperation Projects deadline.
- Read the Guide to the Financial Management of your Culture sub-programme project, watch the e-tutorial and catch up on our Financial Management and Reporting workshop on YouTube.
- Sign up to our newsletter to find out about forthcoming seminars, application workshops and other events;
- In the lead up to the deadline, we run project development workshops, application writing workshops and continue to offer one-to-one advice meetings across the UK – see our Events and Contact us pages.
- All applications are submitted electronically, so new applicants must first obtain a Participant Identification Code (PIC) by registering for an ECAS account and enter company information into the Participant Portal. Please visit our FAQs page for further instructions.
- Here are top tips from last year's Cooperation Projects deadline.
Organisations from the following countries can apply:
- 28 EU Member States
- EEA / EFTA countries - Norway and Iceland (not Switzerland)
- Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
- Tunisia is now eligible
- Turkey is no longer eligible
- International (non-eligible country) partners can participate, but they are not included in the minimum number of partners required (3 for Small Cooperation Projects, 6 for Large) and they can only spend up to 30% of the total project budget.
- Creative Europe Desk UK is advising UK organisations to continue to apply as usual.
Look at an up-to-date list of eligible countries
There is an annual call for proposals for Cooperation Projects and the next deadline is 18 January 2018 at 11am GMT.
There is an additional, one-off call for proposals for 2018 on: Cooperation Projects related to the European Year of Cultural Heritage. Please note that this has different criteria and a separate deadline of 22 November 2017.