Get involved with the European Year of Cultural Heritage
2018 is the European Year of Cultural Heritage (EYCH), which sees events, activities and celebrations across Europe and beyond.
The year aims to:
- encourage people to explore Europe's rich and diverse cultural heritage
- celebrate, understand and protect its value
- reflect on the place that cultural heritage occupies in all our lives.
The hashtag for the Year is #EuropeforCulture.
How can UK organisations get involved?
1. Promote an already planned project, event, activity or programme that meets the criteria.
2. Add an extra project, event, activity or programme to an existing one in which at least the extra activity meets the criteria. That extra activity can officially be part of 2018 EYCH, and the series may qualify.
3. Create a new dedicated project, event, activity or programme that meets the criteria; that activity can officially be part of 2018 EYCH.
EYCH is an ‘opt in’ programme relying on self-administration by organisers. National Coordinators oversee the Year in each participating country, so get in touch with the UK Coordinator, Graham Bell, Director of NECT - who is supported by a consortium of UK cultural heritage organisations - if you want your activity involved. Inclusion must be checked and authorised by the National Coordinator in order for it to be branded and promoted officially.
Apply for Heritage Cooperation Projects
Funding can be applied for through Creative Europe for European Year of Cultural Heritage Cooperation Projects. The deadline is 22 November 2017.
Projects are encouraged to consider within their timeline highly visible activities in their first year to mark the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage.
There will also be funding through for cultural heritage under Erasmus+, Horizon 2020, COSME, Europe for Citizens and EU structural and cohesion funds.
Find out more
Visit the UK website for the European Year of Cultural Heritage or get in touch by email.
06 Nov 2017