Platform results: UK sees 10 partners and one lead supported
Results from Creative Europe’s 2017 European Platforms call have been published, with one of the 13 selected projects involving a UK lead and 10 UK organisations involved in projects as partners.
Aerowaves is being supported as a Platform for the second time to lead a hub for dance discovery - also called Aerowaves - receiving €500,000 for the first year of the Platform. Aerowaves' network of partners in 32 countries enables younger choreographers to bring new dance to new audiences.
The 10 partner organisations that have been announced as part of 2017 European Platforms include:
- Folkestone Fringe, Magic Carpets
- Ledbury Poetry Festival, Versopolis
- FACT, European Media Art Platform
- Barbican, Classical Futures Europe
- The Place, Aerowaves
- Derby Quad, PARALLEL European Photo Based Platform
- Limewharf Annexe, Distributed Design Market Platform
- English National Ballet, FEDORA Platform
- Sadler's Wells, FEDORA Platform
- Village Underground, Liveurope
The application success rate for UK organisations in 2017 Platforms is 14%, higher than the programme-wide average of 13%.
European Platforms promote new and emerging talent though co-development, co-production and programming. They involve a minimum of 10 members from 10 countries (including five EU member states).
Projects cover diverse art forms, such as live music, architecture, poetry, media art, classical music, contemporary dance, pop music, photography, maker and design labs, interdisciplinary sound art, opera and ballet
For a full list of results, see the European Commission’s website.
Image: Courtesy of Aerowaves
30 Aug 2017