12 MEDIA-funded films nominated for EFAs 2016
At the Seville European Film Festival on 5 November the European Film Academy announced the full list of nominations for the 29th European Film Awards. Among the 30 feature films to receive a nomination, 12 are supported by Creative Europe.
Toni Erdmann (Austria, Germany) by Maren Ade leads the way with five nominations for European Film, European Director, European Actress, European Actor and European Screenwriter. Ken Loach’s I, Daniel Blake (France, UK) follows close behind, with four nominations for European Film, European Director, European Actor and European Screenwriter.
Elle (Germany, France) and Julieta (Spain) are both nominated for three awards: European Film, European Director and European Actress.
Other MEDIA-funded films with nominations are:
- Fire at Sea (France, Italy) for European Documentary
- My Life As A Courgette (France, Switzerland) for European Animated Feature Film
- The Red Turtle (Belgium, France) for European Animated Feature Film
- Graduation (Belgium, France, Romania) for European Director and European Screen writer
- The Commune (the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark) for European Actress
- Like Crazy (France, Italy) for European Actress
- Florence Foster Jenkins (UK) for European Actor
- United States of Love (Sweden, Poland) for European Screenwriter
Read the full list of nominations on the EFA’s website.
The more than 3,000 EFA members will now vote for the films and the winners will be presented at an awards ceremony on 10 December in Wroclaw, European Capital of Culture 2016, streamed live on the EFAs website.
Enter our competition and attend the Awards
As part of the 25th anniversary of the MEDIA programme, this year Creative Europe Desk UK is running a competition to send two people to the red carpet event. To enter, you have until 27 November to take our EFA quiz and share your results on Facebook or Twitter - make sure you include the hashtag #MEDIA25 to be eligible. The lucky winner will be announced on 28 November and flown with a friend to Wroclaw, Poland for two nights in order to attend the Ceremony and Gala Dinner.
Image: Toni Erdmann by Maren Ade was supported by Creative Europe at development and distribution stage.
08 Nov 2016