Update: Information on Creative Europe and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Information for Creative Europe applicants and beneficiaries on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Following the UK government’s response and advice regarding Coronavirus, and the EU Commission’s update on Creative Europe activities affected by the virus, we have compiled guidance to support culture and screen sectors at this challenging time.
Creative Europe Desk UK remains open to advise UK applicants and beneficiaries, and we are aware of the significant impact on your activities for the foreseeable future. The team is now working remotely to offer support, so please get in touch to arrange 1:1 calls or Skype meetings, and we’ll shortly be updating our event pages with upcoming webinars and virtual support.
The following updates have been published by the EACEA / European Commission:
- Creatives Unite launched, a new platform launched to support cultural and creative sectors during the pandemic, offering a space for stakeholders to co-create and find solutions
- A Q&A document gathering questions and answers on the changes to the different schemes. This is a living document and will be constantly updated, alongside the FAQ landing page
- 'Coronavirus outbreak – deadlines for Support to Festivals applications extended' - the deadline for applications has been postponed to 21 May 2020.
- 'Coronavirus outbreak – deadlines for Promotion of European Audiovisual Works Online applications extended' - the deadline for applications has been postponed to 5 May 2020.
- 'Coronavirus: Implications for the implementation of programmes managed by EACEA', advising benficiaries on the eligibility of costs in ongoing actions or contracts, and the processes to follow when COVID-19 prevents implementation of action or contract.
- 'Coronavirus: Deadline for Culture sub-programme applications extended', offering details of the extended submission deadlines for four programmes, to allow for difficulties experienced by applicants due to the outbreak
- ‘Information for beneficiaries whose activities are impacted by coronavirus’ offering advice on project activities that may be affected.
Creative Europe Desk UK understands these are difficult and uncertain times and will work with UK organisations to offer support. Please contact us for advice, follow us on Twitter (MEDIA and Culture) and sign up to our newsletters for the latest updates.
UK SECTOR RESOURCES AND GUIDANCE
We have compiled a selection of the latest information and statements from across screen and culture sectors to offer additional guidance to those who are impacted by coronavirus. Please note these are external resources and Creative Europe Desk UK is not responsible this website content:
- UK government Coronavirus (COVID-19) response
- BFI COVID-19 response and screen sector Q&A
- British Council Coronavirus response
- British Council Arts Coronavirus response
- DCMS Coronavirus news updates
- Arts Council England Coronavirus information
- Arts Council NI Coronavirus advice
- Arts Council of Wales Coronavirus advice
- Creative Scotland Coronavirus advice
- European Audiovisual Observatory sector measures tracker
- Welsh Government Corornavirus advice
This information is meant for guidance only
Last updated: 5/5/20
05 May 2020