UK organisations receive support to promote European films and TV online
Results from the latest call for the Promotion of European Audiovisual Works Online scheme (13/2017) have been published with 30 projects recommended for selection across Europe, sharing grants totalling of €8,626,330.
13 applications from the UK were submitted five of which were selected for funding, sharing non-repayable grants of €1,944,168. This equates to 23% of the programme-wide budget.
Campaigns for the following UK-based platforms were supported:
- The BFI - Flare Live: A Facebook Live Campaign To Engage LGBTQ+ Audiences
- Cinegi Europa
- Gruvi – The Audience Project
- Walter Presents
In addition, three UK organisations are partners on succesful bids by other European organisations including:
- European Cinema & VOD Initiative - led by Carbec Medi (FR) with four other partners including Kinescope Film & Media (UK)
- Moving Docs - led by EDN (DK) with three other partner including Film & Campaign (UK)
- AVA (Video on Demand) - led by reelport (DE) with eight other partners including Sheffield Doc/Fest (UK)
A full set of results and statistics for the call can be found on the EACEA website.
Image: Walter Presents - a VOD service of Channel 4’s All 4 online platform - has received funding under Creative Europe's Promotion of European Audiovisual Works Online scheme for the second year in a row.
03 Sep 2018