Ten UK organisations awarded Audience Development funding
Results from the MEDIA sub-programme’s 2016 Audience Development scheme have now been published, with 16 partnership projects sharing a total of €2.3 million.
From the selected projects, two are led by UK organisations and seven have one or more UK partners. A total of ten UK organisations have benefited from this round of funding, including organisations in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Some UK organisations such the British Film Institute, Encounters Festivals and Scottish Film joined as new partners on previously supported projects, while The Film Corner, Les Petites leçons de cinema, Audio Visual Access and Live Cinema EU are all newly-supported projects with UK involvement.
The scheme is split between two actions, Film Literacy and Audience Development, and 8 projects in total have been supported under each. The projects with UK partners (listed in brackets) are:
- Moving Cinema (British Film Institute, Centre for the Moving Image)
- The Film Corner (The Film Space, The Nerve Centre)
- European film clubs and schools licensing (Film Literacy Europe - lead partner)
- Les Petites leçons de cinema (Centre for the Moving Image)
- Wrap! Must see European cinema for Young People (Scottish Film)
- Audio Visual Access (Encounters Festivals)
- Live Cinema EU (Live Cinema - lead partner, King's College London, University of Brighton)
In addition to the newly-supported projects mentioned above, two other projects received Creative Europe funding for the first time; Action! Research: a new European Methodology for Film Literacy and #europeanfilmchallenge.
Find out more and see the full set of results on the EACEA website.
Image: Moving Cinema
08 Jun 2016