Tales of Europe launches in the US
Europa Cinemas and Europa International – respectively Europe’s leading networks for exhibitors and sales agents - have joined forces to promote European arthouse film in the US through the launch of Tales of Europe.
Supported through Creative Europe's Access to Markets scheme, Tales of Europe aims to boost the circulation and visibility of European films, as well as encourage the exchange of best practices between European and US exhibitors, in particular around audience development and promotional activities.
The scheme offers US exhibitors the chance to book a selection of ten European titles with no US distributor at a low flat-rate fee. The films, most of which were screened at some of last year’s major film festivals, cover a variety of themes, from social and current issues to historical dramas and comedies.
The initiative was launched at the 10th Art House Convergence in Utah on 17 January.
The selected films include:
- After The War - Annarita Zambrano (France/Italy/Switzerland)
- All That Divides Us - Thierry Klifa (France)
- A Serious Game - Pernilla August (Sweden)
- Catch The Wind - Gael Morel (France)
- Djam - Tony Gatlif (France)
- Fortunata - Sergio Castellitto (Italy)
- King Of The Belgians - J. Woodworth & P. Brosens (Belgium)
- Men Don’t Cry - Alen Drljevic (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
- The Last Family - Jan P. Matuszynski (Poland)
- While We Live - Mehdi Avaz (Denmark)
You can watch trailers from the selected films by visiting the Europa International website.
Image: Still taken from The Last Family, one of ten films selected for Tales of Europe.
31 Jan 2018