Seven MEDIA-supported films nominated for Academy Awards
The nominations for the 90th Academy Awards have been announced, featuring seven MEDIA-funded films that will be in the running to take home an Oscar® on 4 March.
Luca Guadagnino’s Call Me By Your Name leads the race with four nominations including for Best Picture and Best Actor (Timothée Chalamet).
Two of the films nominated in the Best Foreign Language Film categegory have received Creative Europe support. Ruben Östlund's Palme d'Or winner The Square received €1million to support its release in 30 European counties, while Ildikó Enyedi's On Body and Soul (Teströl és lélekröl) received €700,000 through Creative Europe's development and distribution schemes.
The full list of MEDIA-funded films are:
- The Square by Ruben Östlund (Sweden-Denmark-France-Germany) - Best Foreign Language Film
- On Body and Soul (Teströl és lélekröl). by Ildikó Enyedi (Hungary) - Best Foreign Language Film
- Loving Vincent by Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman (Poland-UK) - Best Animated Feature Film
- The Breadwinner by Nora Twomey (Ireland-Canada-Luxembourg) - Best Animated Feature Film
- Revolting Rhymes by Jan Lachauer and Jakob Schuh (UK) - Best Short Film Animated
- Faces Places (Visages Villages) by JR and Agnès Varda (France) - Best Documentary (feature)
- Call Me By Your Name by Luca Guadagnino’s (Italy-France) – Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Original Song, Best Adapted Screenplay.
30 Jan 2018