Series Mania announces 2019 programme
Today Series Mania - the international TV event - announced its line-up for 2019, running between 22 and 29 March in Lille, France.
Designed to bring together the foremost creators, screenwriters and directors of the serial universe, last year's festival drew record figures with 2000 industry professionals and 56,695 spectators in attendance.
Several highly-anticipated UK projects have been selected to screen at the festival. These include:
- Baghdad Central (Stephen Butchard)
- Chimerica (Lucy Kirkwood)
- The Virtues (Shane Meadows)
- Flack (Olivier Lansley)
- MotherFatherSon (Tom Rob Smith)
- Curfew (Matthew Read)
- Les Misérables (Tom Shankland)
- The Cry (Glendyn Ivin, UK/Australia)
All Night Comedy Marathon:
- Women on the Verge (Sharon Horgan, Lorna Martin)
- Hang Ups (Kevin Loader, Stephen Mangan)
- Sally4Ever (Julia Davis)
The full line-up can be discovered on the Series Mania website. The free event also includes conferences, roundtables, virtual reality experiences and art exhibitions.
Launched in 2013, Series Mania's European Project and Talent Forum - the industry arm of the festival - has become a renowned meeting place to co-finance TV series projects in development. Creative Europe funds the Forum through its Access to Markets scheme. The industry programme includes the Co-Pro Pitching Sessions and SeriesLab, the culmination of an intensive four-month course for writers and directors with TV series projects at an early stage of development.
Our director Agnieszka Moody will be also be in attendance from Sunday 24 - Thursday 28 March and will be participating in the panel 'European public support schemes for TV series' on 27 March at 12pm.
UPDATE: The next European Film Forum will take place in Lille on 27 March in the Auditorium Pasteur at Lille Grand Palais from 15.50 - 17.00.
The panel will discuss what the future of independent production might look like in an era of global audiovisual concentration and vertical integration strategies. Stay tuned for streaming link to watch the event live.
The discussion will be moderated by Marjorie Paillon, a journalist for France 24 and the speakers include:
- Lucia Recalde, Head of Unit, Creative Europe MEDIA
- Caroline Benjo, Producer, Haut et Court TV
- Eitan Mansuri, Producer, Spiro Films
- Christian Vesper, Executive Vice President, Fremantle Global Drama
- Kate Barnes, Head of Drama Acquisitions & Co-Productions, ITV Studios
- Alex Berger, Producer, The Oligarchs Productions
- Jan Mojto, Producer, Beta Film
20 Feb 2019