MEDIA-supported Less Is More announces 2020 participants
Supported by Creative Europe's MEDIA Programme, Less is More has been set up to empower a generation of filmmakers intent on opening new avenues and finding new audiences by tackling new issues. 24 particpants were announced last week, with six individuals in total either from, or living and working in the UK.
16 filmmakers are selected each year worldwide that want to develop their first, second or third fiction feature film project within a limited budget frame. The following UK participants were chosen:
- Writer/director Nathan Hughes (Wales) was selected with his project Mourning Glory
- Writer/director Joséfa Celestin (Scotland) is French and based in Scotland, and was selected with her project Aurora's Skies.
- Writer/director Søren Lind (England) is Danish and works in partnership with writer/director Larissa Sansour who was born in East Jerusalem, Palestine. Based in London, they were selected with their project Heirloom.
LIM's annual programme for “Development angels” selects eight film professionals - creative producers, story-editors, development executives, commissioning editors -wanting to strengthen their ability to follow the development of feature film projects. 2020's UK Development Angels are:
- Benjamin Taylor (Scotland), a Screen Officer at Screen Scotland working across scripted and factual funding for film and television plus festivals, distribution and training.
- Ciarán Charles (UK/Ireland) has worked in script development and production across the film and television industry for eight years, and recently opened content creation company Rockall Films.
Check out the full list of participants here.
05 Mar 2020