Good Pitch Europe film teams announced
Supported through Creative Europe’s Access to Markets scheme, Good Pitch Europe is an invitation-only event where, after six months of careful preparation and strategising, six filmmaking teams present their feature documentary and its associated outreach and audience engagement campaign to a live audience of changemakers.
Run by Doc Society, this one day high-level networking event features leading foundations, NGOs, campaigners, academics, philanthropists, technology innovators, policymakers, brands and media from across Europe and beyond; all invited to consider how they can become part of a unique coalition around each project, to help maximise its social or environmental impact and connect the film with the audiences who need to see it the most.
The film makers participating in this year’s Good Pitch Europe programme, incluing UK film professionals, are:
- Lars Edman, William Johansson & Ellie Smith from Sweden and the UK (ARICA)
- Julia Ton & Yula Altchouler from The Netherlands (The Bellingcat Method)
- Orlando von Einsiedel, Joanna Natasegara & Abigail Anketell-Jones from the UK (Evelyn)
- Tone Grøttjord-Glenne & Anita Rehoff Larsen from Norway (The Girl In The Mirror)
- Tonje Hessen Schei & Jonathan Borge Lie from Norway (iHuman)
- Madeleine Leroyer & Valérie Montmartin from France (Number 387)
These six documentary films from across the globe highlight the urgent stories of a European company dumping toxic waste in a developing country, a network of citizen journalists investigating war and crime, dealing with the aftermath of suicide among young people, survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence, the threat of the artificial intelligence revolution, and a story about immigrants, identity and justice.
Find out more about the seleected projects on the Good Pitch Europe website.
30 May 2018