Five international co-production funds continue to receive Creative Europe funding
In the most recent results from the MEDIA sub-programme’s International Co-production Funds scheme (call number 16/2017), five funds share a total of €2,038,120.
The grants will be redistributed to producers to support either the production or distribution of international co-productions. Each supported fund has its own objectives, eligibility criteria and application procedure and interested producers should apply directly to the organisation that manages the fund.
The five funds that continue to receive funding through his scheme are:
- HBF+Europe (Netherlands), which helps to support co-productions with Africa, Asia, Latin America and certain countries in Eastern Europe
- TFL Coproduction Fund, TFL World Co-production Fund & TFL Audience Design Fund (Italy), which supports innovative audience engagement strategies
- IDFA Bertha Fund Europe (Netherlands), which works to stimulate documentary co-production in developing countries
- Berlinale World Cinema Fund Europe (Germany), which aims to strengthen trans-European and international co-operation strategies
- ACM Distribution (France), is designed to encourage the global release of international co-productions.
98 projects have been supported through these funds to date (59 at the production stage and 39 at the distribution stage) with European producers partnering with companies in 46 countries outside of Europe. South America features prominently, with Argentina Brazil and Chile at the top of the list.
Supported films released in 2017 include features I Am Not a Witch and The Wound as well as documentaries Felicité and The Grown-Ups.
Read the full set of results on the European Commission’s website.
Image: Inxeba (The Wound) is a South African/French/German co-production directed by John Trengrove – a Berlinale Talents alumnus. The film was financed by the National Film Fund and three of the five co-production funds supported by Creative Europe: HBF+Europe, WCF Europe and the TFL Audience Design Fund.
29 Jun 2018