EFA opens vote for People's Choice Award
Each year, the European Film Awards (EFA) People's Choice Award gives film fans the opportunity to elect their favourite film. The EFA Board decided the nominations in this category based on audience acclaim in - and outside of the country of a film’s origin, from films released outside the country of its origin between 1 June 2018 and 31 May 2019.
From 2 September to 31 October, film fans can vote for their favourite film here and win a trip to attend the 32nd European Film Awards on Saturday, 7 December 2019 in Berlin.
This year, eight out of the 12 nominated films have received MEDIA funding, two of which are UK co-productions. They are as follows:
- Border, directed by Ali Abbasi (Sweden/Denmark)
- Cold War, directed by Pawel Pawlikowski (Poland/UK/France)
- Dogman, directed by Matteo Garrone (Italy/France)
- Girl, directed by Lukas Dhont (Belgium/Netherlands)
- Happy as Lazzaro, directed by Alice Rohrwacher (Italy/France/Germany/Switzerland)
- Pain and Glory, directed by Pedro Almodóvar (Spain)
- The Breadwinner, directed by Nora Twomey (Ireland/Canada/Luxembourg)
- The Favourite, directed by Yorgos Lanthimos (UK/Ireland)
In 2018, the EFA's People's Choice Award went to Call Me By Your Name by Luca Guadagnino, which received Creative Europe support through the Sales Agents scheme.
See the full list of nominees on the EFA website.
02 Sep 2019