Creative Europe supports UK release of six European films
The latest results for the MEDIA sub-programme’s Selective distribution scheme have been published.
More than €6 million was awarded to support the theatrical releases of 19 European films outside of their home countries.
UK distributors received €320,300 in total, which will support the release of the following six European films in the UK:
- Marguerite, directed by Xavier Giannoli and released by Picturehouse Entertainment on 25 March 2016
- Mia Madre, directed by Nanni Moretti and released by Curzon Film World on 25 September 2015
- Son of Saul (Saul Fia), directed by László Nemes and released by Curzon Film World on 1 April 2016
- The Commune (Kollektivet), directed by Thomas Vinterberg and released by Curzon Film World on 29 July 2016
- The Brand New Testament (Le tout nouveau testament), directed by Jaco Van Dormael and released by Metrodome on 25 September 2015
- Victoria, directed by Sebastian Schipper and released by Curzon Film World on 2015.
Other titles that were selected in this deadline include Dheepan, for which the UK distributor StudioCanal had received support from Creative Europe’s Automatic distribution funding. Palme d’Or nominees Louder than Bombs and Mon Roi as well as winner of the 2015 Un Certain Regard and Icelandic Oscar contender, Rams.
Photo: The UK release of Marguerite by Xavier Giannoli is supported by Creative Europe Selective distribution funding.
02 Nov 2015