Creative Europe supports five co-production funds
The grants will be redistributed to producers to support either the production or distribution of international co-productions. Each supported fund has its own objectives, eligibility criteria and application procedure and interested producers should apply directly to the organisation that manages the fund.
The five funds that continue to receive funding through his scheme are:
- HBF+Europe (Netherlands), which helps to support co-productions with Africa, Asia, Latin America and certain countries in Eastern Europe
- Torino Film Lab Production Fund & Audience Design Fund (Italy), which supports innovative audience engagement strategies
- IDFA Bertha Fund Europe (Netherlands), which works to stimulate documentary co-production in developing countries
- Berlinale World Cinema Fund Europe (Germany), which aims to strengthen trans-European and international co-operation strategies
- ACM Distribution (France), which supports and promotes the distribution and international circulation of ACM films co-produced with a non-European country
The selected projects will support 21 international co-productions at production stage and a minimum of 57 releases at distribution stage.
To date, 59 projects have been supported by these funds - 41 at production stage and 18 at distribution stage. Four UK co-productions have benefited:
- Cemetery of Splendour, a co-production between the UK’s Illuminations Films and production companies based in Norway, France, Germany, Thailand, Malaysia, USA and Korea, which received support from the World Cinema Fund
- Freedom Field, co-produced by the UK’s SDI Productions and Lybia’s Huna Productions, supported by the IDFA Bertha Fund
- In the Last Days of the City, a German/UK/Egypt co-production supported by Torino Film Lab.
- I Am Not a Witch, a French-UK co-production between Clandestine Films and Soda Pictures. The film is supported by Berlinale’s World Cinema Fund and HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production support.
Read the full set of results on the European Commission’s website.
Image: I Am Not A Witch is a French-UK co-production between Clandestine Films and Soda Pictures.
30 May 2017