Creative Europe is online at Cannes 2020
Creative Europe will be present at the virtual Cannes Film Festival (22 - 26 Jun) with a number of MEDIA-funded films screening in the festival selection and various industry events related to the programme scheduled throughout the festival.
We've rounded up a list of some of the Creative Europe and Creative Europe-related events taking place during the week of the Marché du Film Online. We'll keep adding as we find out more so do check back for more details.
- 3pm UK time - European Film Forum: Shaping the future of the European audiovisual ecosystem: what is the role of the European Union? More info
- 8am & 2pm UK time - China Next, one-to-one meetings (pre-registration required before 19 June) More info
- 4pm UK time - European Audiovisual Observatory Conference: The audiovisual sector in the time of COVID-19 More info
- 4pm UK time - MEDIA showcase: Socially distant, digitally close: films festivals and markets during the COVID19 pandemic and beyond More info
- 8am & 2pm UK time - China Next, panel discussions More info
- 11am UK time - MEDIA meet Tech Conference: In cooperation with NEXT More info
- 4pm UK time - MEDIA showcase: Releasing films in the age of the pandemic More info
- 4pm UK time - MEDIA showcase: COVID19 festival premieres: streaming and masking? More info
- 4pm UK time - MEDIA showcase: Access to finance – challenges faced by female professionals post the global pandemic More info
Virtual European Pavilion
The European Commission has supported a MEDIA stand within the Marché du Film of Cannes since 1991. This year MEDIA has developed a virtual stand on the market’s platform. It is only accessible for accredited participants attending the festival, but it will serve the audiovisual community as a one-stop-shop to get information about what MEDIA offers in terms of funding and to communicate and promote MEDIA activities during the festival.
Speed meetings – Meet your MEDIA buddies!
In order to foster collaboration across MEDIA supported projects, the European Commission has organised speed meetings among 130 MEDIA beneficiaries for them to discuss projects and co-operations in which they are interested.
12 Jun 2020