Creative Europe at BFI London Film Festival 2019
The BFI London Film Festival returns for its 63rd edition in October (2-13), with a line-up of 229 features from 75 countries.
Among the films selected to screen are 15 features that have received support through Creative Europe, including two competing for the Best Film award and many with UK involvement.
UK films with Creative Europe support include:
- Little Joe (UK/Germany/Austria) - Jessica Hausner's mesmerising sci-fi about a genetically modified plant was produced by Austrian outfit Coop99 Filmproduktion, alongside British company The Bureau and Germany's Essential Filmproduktion, and received Sales Agent support through French company Coproduction Office.
- Mr. Jones (Poland/Ukraine/UK) - Agnieszka Holland's latest film explores 1930s Soviet Ukraine in a story reputedly inspired by Orwell's Animal Farm. Starring James Norton and Vanessa Kirby, the film received Automatic Distribution support for its release in Greece.
- Fanny Lye Deliver'd (UK/Germany) - Maxine Peake delivers a powerhouse performance as a woman forced to question her oppressive environment in Thomas Clay's provocative period drama. The film likewise received Sales Agent support through French company Coproduction Office.
Other MEDIA-supported films in the 2018 programme include:
- The Whistlers (Romania/France/Germany)
- The Traitor (Italy/France/Germany/Brazil)
- Vivarium (Ireland/Belgium/Denmark)
- Monos (Colombia/Argentina/Netherlands/Germany/Sweden/Uruguay)
- By The Grace Of God (France)
- Martin Eden (Italy/France/Germany)
- A White, White Day (Iceland/Denmark/Sweden)
- The Miracle of the Sargasso Sea (Greece/Germany/Netherlands/Sweden)
- The Painted Bird (Czech Republic/Slovakia/Ukraine)
- The Orphanage (Denmark/Germany/France/Luxembourg/Afghanistan)
- Cunningham (Germany/France/USA)
- My Extraordinary Summer with Tess (Germany/Netherlands)
See the full programme on the BFI website.
- 9 October, 17.00-18.30, Vue West End
- 11 October, 15.15-17.00, Vue West End
- Industry accreditation required
Image: Fanny Lye Deliver'd received Creative Europe support through the Sales Agents scheme.
29 Aug 2019