ACM Distribution receives €500,000 through MEDIA
In the most recent results from the MEDIA sub-programme's International Co-Production Funds scheme (call number 29/2019), one fund has been selected receiving a grant of €500,000.
ACM Distribution is a fund intended to support and promote the distribution and international circulation of films co-produced between a European country and a non-European country. This is the third year that it has received Creative Europe funding.
To date, 39 films have received funding, supporting their distribution in 47 different territories, not only in Europe but also in North America, South America, Asia, and North Africa, through 174 theatrical releases and 164 VOD releases.
Previously supported films have included:
- A Fantastic Woman by Sebastian Lelio
- Ash is Purest White by Jia Zhangke
- Birds of Passage by Ciro Guerra and Cristina Gallego
- Cemetery of Splendour by Apichatpong Weerasethakul
- Endless Poetry by Alejandro Jodorowsky
- Ixcanul by Jayro Bustamante
- Monos by Alejandro Landes
- Neruda by Pablo Larrain
- Rafiki by Wanuri Kahiu
- The Heiresses by Marcelo Martinessi
- Wajib by Annemarie Jacir
- Zama by Lucrecia Martel
If you are a distributor, sales agent or producer interested in accessing support through this fund, please refer to the ACM Distribution website.
Image: Monos by Alejandro Landes.
15 May 2020