33 MEDIA-supported films join the European Film Awards
Among the selected titles are 33 films supported by Creative Europe‘s MEDIA sub-programme. They include:
- Florence Foster Jenkins (UK)
- I, Daniel Blake (UK)
- Julieta (Spain)
- The Commune (Kollektivet) (Denmark Sweden, Netherlands)
- A War (Krigen) (Denmark)
- The Unknown Girl (La Fille Inconnue)
- Suffragette (UK)
- Graduation (Bacalaureat) (Romania, France, Belgium)
- Becoming Zlatan (Documentary) (Sweden, Netherlands/Italy)
In the coming weeks, members of the European Film Academy will vote on the films and the final nominations will be announced on 5 November at the Seville European Film Festival in Spain. The 29th European Film Awards and presentation of the winners will then take place on 10 December in Wroclaw, European Capital of Culture 2016.
See the European Film Awards website for the full list.
Image: Julieta by Pedro Almodóvar has had support from Creative Europe for its distribution in eight European countries.
02 Sep 2016