7 Mar 2019, 11:00AM
The call was published on
19 Oct 2018
The creation of a curated catalogue of European films and related pedagogical material to be made available to young people between 11 and 18 years old attending primary and secondary schools in the countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme.
The following overview is intended for guidance only. General information and specific guidelines can be found on the website of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), which manages Creative Europe.
The supported catalogue needs to:
- include well-known films that have contributed to the history of European filmography to be used in the context of Film Education activities
- include at least seven feature films
- respect a certain diversity in terms of nationality, language, genre, production year, theme/topic gender
- have the rights of all films acquired for at least three years and for all countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme
- have linguistic versions (dubbing or sub-titling) available for all countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme for the majority of the films in the catalogue
Costs are eligible for 19 months from 1 June 2019. The catalogue should be ready and available by 30 September 2020 at the latest.
The publication of the catalogue should foresee an ambitious communication campaign to promote the project to the schools and to the general public, with the last three months of the dedicated to this only.
The total budget for this scheme is estimated at €1 million.
Only one project will be selected with applicants able to request up to 80% of their eligible costs.
The following documents must be attached to the e-Form:
- Annex 1 - Detailed project description (The Application Form)
- Annex 2 - Declaration on applicant's honour
- Annex 3 - Estimated Budget and Financing Plan
More details can also be found in the Guide for Applicants.
Applications from across Europe are assessed centrally by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) with assistance from industry experts working in a relevant field and according to the following award criteria:
Relevance and European added value (30 points)
- the relevance of the project in relation to the objectives of the call
- the relevance of the proposed films in the catalogue
- the capacity to implement the project at European level and to reach the targeted audiences
Quality of the content and activities (30 points)
- the overall quality and the feasibility of the project, including the characteristics of the catalogue and of the pedagogical material
- the strategic use of digital technology and different distribution platforms to reach the targeted audiences, as well as the proposed consumption model
Dissemination of project results, impact and sustainability (20 points)
- the strategies proposed to disseminate the project to the targeted schools, as well as the general public
Organisation of the project team and the grouping (20 points)
- the extent of the partnership and the exchange of knowledge within the partnership
- the distribution of the roles and responsibilities in relation to the objectives of the project.