Distribution: Sales Agents
16 Jun 2017, 11:00AM
The call was published on
20 Mar 2017
This annual scheme allows sales agents to generate a subsidy based on their performance in selling non-national European films in a qualifying period.
The scheme works in two phases:
A potential fund will be calculated according to the company’s performance in the international sales of European films during the reference period.
Take a look at the results from the previous generation stage in 2016.
The potential fund can then be reinvested in two areas:
- Module 1: minimum guarantees or advances paid for the international sales rights on new European non-national films
- Module 2: the promotion, marketing and advertising of new non-national European films
Applicants must be sales agents established in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and majority owned by nationals from these countries.
The applicant needs to show that during 2012 - 2016:
- it was the appointed sales agent of at least eight eligible European films (one of which must be non-national)
- the agreement with the producers provided them the rights to sell the films to at least 10 countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme
- at least three of these films had a theatrical release, in at least three countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme (outside their country of origin)
All eligible films must :
- have been majority produced by a producer/producers established in countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and be made with a significant participation by professionals from those countries (see page 9 of the guidelines for a definition of an eligible audiovisual work)
- be a recent work of fiction, animation or documentary (with a minimum duration of 60 minutes)
- be from a different country than the country of distribution
- have its first copyright established no earlier than 2012
- not consist of alternative content (operas, concerts, performances, etc.), advertising or include any pornographic or racist material.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at € 2.6 million.
The financial contribution of the EU cannot exceed 60% of the total eligible costs.
The Generation Stage is a method to calculate a maximum potential fund to be reinvested in new projects, details of how this is done can be found on page 14 of the guidelines for this call.
The following template documents must be attached to the e-Form:
- Annex 1: Declaration of honour
- Annex 2: Application form (either Module 1 or Module 2), international sales agreement and financing plan of the film (for new films only)
- Annex 3: Budget form (module 2 only)
The deadline for Reinvestment applications for this call is 3 October 2018.
Applications from across Europe are assessed centrally by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), with assistance from industry experts working in a relevant field.