Vertical Dance Forum
Gravity & Levity
Total project grant (euros)
1 Jul 2017 - 1 Jul 2019
Number of partners in project
Associazione Culturale Il Posto, Italy
Umjetnicka Organizacija Histeria Nova, Croatia
Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Company, Ireland
Gravity & Levity, UK
Vertical Dance Forum (VDF) is a partnership of 7 vertical dance professionals working in Europe and Canada and representatives of the diversity in this artform.
The core approach of the Vertical Dance Forum (VDF) project is to open new fields of experimentation amongst the members that gently challenge habitual patterns of practice, in order to discover other work methods, reflections, creation processes and ways of developing. The main objective is to experiment with new methodologies in order to build capacity in the vertical dance sector. The forum aims to:
- Disseminate professional knowledges and experiences through peer-to-peer exchange and intercultural dialogue.
- Facilitate international mobility of knowledges, artists and artistic projects and strengthen bonds between Europe and the rest of the world.
- Support dynamic networking amongst professionals and experimentation with new collaborative processes in the field.
- Communicate with and train new audiences in Europe and in the world.
The following 4 hubs of innovative activities will deliver the project's objectives:
- VDF research laboratory uses artistic research to engage with other people and disciplines, for example, technology and accessibility for deaf and disabled artists.
- Coaching/consulting centre introduces vertical dance to new territories and supports and trains emerging artists.
- Interactivity and audience participation hub focuses on how artistic proposals can integrate or reach the public in new ways.
- Promotion hub raises awareness of the nature and background of vertical dance amongst, for example, the general public, researchers and students, architects and urban planners.
The hub will also share knowledge acquired during the project with other interested professionals and facilitate intercultural dialogue stemming from vertical dance activities in this project and beyond.