Transbook, Children's Literature on the Move
East London Comic Arts Festival, 2015
East London Comic Arts Festival, 2015.
Total project grant (euros)
Percentage of budget funded
28 Sep 2014 - 27 Sep 2018
Number of partners in project
Literárne Informačné Centrum, Slovakia;
Art Basics For Children, Belgium;
Associació Tantagora Serveis Culturals, Spain;
Europäische Kinder- Und Jugendbuchmesse E.V., Germany;
Hamelin Associazione Culturale, Italy
A EUROPEAN PROJECT FOR THE DIGITAL TRANSITION OF THE YOUTH EDITION SECTOR
Not unlike the rest of the economy, the youth publishing sector is experiencing profound transformations fueled by two main factors: globalization and digitization. Nowadays, the publishing industry doesn’t know any border, and stories and original ideas don’t have to have their expression and their commercialization limited to one country or one region of the globe. Meanwhile, digital technology is shaking up the codes of the industry by dematerializing and broadening the scope of works of art. Transbook was created to address these issues and to take full advantage of the incredible creative and innovative potential offered by the transformations of the market. This cooperative project federates 7 partners who are aiming at helping book professionals to fully benefit from ongoing changes, be they economic or creative. By organizing meetings and creating forums to explore new forms of creation and new media, Transbook intends to assist professionals in the field, and to encourage them to create new business models and modes of artistic creation to stimulate their career, and to make their inovative practicise their own. In short : to participate in inventing the children’s literature of the 21st century.
ENCOURAGING PROFESSIONALS TO DEVELOP NEW BUSINESS MODELS AND MODES OF CREATION:
- Conferences "From Paper to Screen": to allow professionals in the creative industries to reinvent their practices within the digital transition framework.
- The International Market of Creation for Children (MÏCE): to foster cooperation between the creative industries with particular reference to transmedia creations.
BOOSTING THE CAREERS OF CREATORS:
- Springboard meetings between artistic directors / and young creators : to provide young graduates with the opportunity to access all the creative industries..
- Masterclasses for Creators : to open new artistic horizons and introduce new forms of narration.
- The Mobility Program : to provide creators with the opportunity to travel across Europe.
PROMOTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF INNOVATIVE MEDIATION PRACTICES:
- Symposiums for Programmers : to encourage programmers to develop a more international and transmedia dimension to their programming.
- Seminars for Mediators : to widen the competence of professionals working with children to enable them to reach out to populations on the cultural fringes.
- A European Exhibition : to create a shared platform for mediation in a common language, that of the image, to reach out to children and young people.