University of Wolverhampton, UK
Total project grant (euros)
Number of partners in project
ATER Associazione Teatrale Emilia Romagna, Italy
Empresa de Gestao de Equipamentos Eanimacao Cultural Entidade Empresarial Municipal, Portugal
Fundacion Caja Granada, Spain
Plavo Pozoriste - Pozorisna Laboratorija, Serbia
Theatro Atomon Me Anapiria, Greece
Inclusive Theatre(S) is a Large Scale Cooperation project, involving 6 Partners from 6 Countries for 30 months. Its main aim is to develop new audiences in theatres mainstreaming inclusive practices for visually and hearing impaired persons during theatre performances at European Level. The project will involve cultural operators, audio describers, audio translators and audio description service providers; subtitlers, translators in signs language and similar services providers; deaf and hearing impaired people (targeted audience); blind and visually impaired people (targeted audience); policy-makers; media and journalists; general public & and communities.
- to share good practices for Inclusive Theatre between experts through formal and non formal training activities;
- to mainstream and scale-up accessible theatres in countries where support services for visually and hearing impaired persons are provided
- to test and validate pilot actions for inclusive services in theatres of six countries
- to develop and deploy a Europe-wide awareness raising campaign about the needs of visually and/or hearing impaired persons in theatres, stimulating inclusive policies and community engagement
- to disseminate the project's findings and the EU support to its implementation, ensuring a long-term sustainability.