Developing Your Film Festival 2018
Independent Cinema Office
Total project grant (euros)
Percentage of budget funded
11 May 2017
Result publication date
13 Jul 2017
20 Mar 2018 - 25 Mar 2018
Vilnius International Film Festival, Lithuania
Developing Your Film Festival is the world’s only development programme for film festivals.
It has been designed and developed to help film festival professionals improve their business skills, develop creative strategies for building their audiences and income, and nurture future collaborations. This unique training course will allow you to:
- Understand how to put your festival on the path to longevity and creativity;
- Find new routes to develop audiences as well as income;
- Exchange ideas and practices with other international film festivals that share your concerns;
- Learn how to connect with partners and collaborators that can take your festival to the next level;
- Visit one of Europe’s most picturesque festivals in Motovun in Croatia, a UNESCO World Heritage site
Find out more about this project on ICO's website.
Hatice Özdemirciler, Head of Training and Professional Development at Independent Cinema Office said:
“Funding from Creative Europe has enabled the Independent Cinema Office to run the Developing Your Film Festival training course at an international level since 2011, and in that time we have welcomed more than 190 participants from 38 different countries across the world. As well as being exposed to expert case studies and best practice from around the world, the international dimension of the course enables participants to form vital connections and key partnerships with peers across borders, who they would otherwise never meet and swap ideas with. This type of collaboration is vital to enable film festivals, audiences and the wider film industry to thrive”.
Look at our 2017 Results Report for a comprehensive overview of Creative Europe's support to training programmes in 2017.