Total project grant (euros)
1 May 2017 - 31 Dec 2018
Number of partners in project
Club de Creativos de Espana, Spain
Creative Futures will inform, train and educate to improve commercial creative excellence across the EU. The creative industries, and more specifically for this project the creative jobs within advertising and design, provide employment that is highly skilled and more resistant to automation. Jobs that are therefore more likely to be sustainable in the future. But for the industry to remain competitive in a fast moving world it is essential that we discover what influences great creative work and give people the education and skills required to move the industry forward.
This project will see D&AD, CDC and BETC coming together to address the following specific objectives:
- To identify a series of macro-trends and cultural shifts that can provide vital learning for the advertising and design industry and challenge education and business to develop the skills to respond.
- To develop strategies and practical solutions for education to respond to the trends that are changing the skills required by the next generation of talent in the industry.
- To devise and implement three capacity building events in London, Madrid and Paris pursuing:
- Professional development – via industry led workshops, labs and inspirational talks to improve the work produced in Europe;
- Cultural exchange promotion through peer to peer learning and networking opportunities;
- To enable young talent to get expert advice to improve their work readiness.
- To develop and deliver a new tailored training program addressing business/start-up skills gaps of creatives, who are interested in exploring new models for collaborative work.
- To ensure the widest impact for Creative Futures’ educational resources and main outcomes through the engagement of stakeholders and public presentation events to the European industry.