COLLABORATE! Creative Europe panel and networking reception
Dovecot Studios, 10 Infirmary St, Edinburgh EH1 1LT
Following on from our COLLABORATE! forum on international working in London in July, join us at the heart of the Edinburgh festivals in August for a panel and networking drinks to discuss European and international collaboration and partnerships across artforms.
Creative Europe Desk UK - Scotland invites you to take a moment during one of the largest international celebrations of culture to reflect on how and why we collaborate across borders, and to shine some light on success stories of European collaboration. Hear insights and reflections from speakers who are experienced in developing and running European and international projects, and continue the conversation over a glass of wine and nibbles.
18.30 - 19.00 Arrival and drinks
19.00 - 19.30 Welcome, and short panel discussion on the challenges and rewards of European collaboration
19.30 - 20.30 Networking with the speakers and other arts, creative and cultural professionals interested in European and international collaboration, including our Creative Europe Desk colleagues from France, Netherlands and Ireland.
Chaired by Julia Amour, Director of Festivals Edinburgh, the panel will include:
- Liz Pugh, Walk the Plank, lead partner in outdoor-arts focused Cooperation Project 'School of Spectacle'
- Alex Smith, XpoNorth, partner in music industry Cooperation Project 'EXCITE'
- Maolíosa Boyle from Rua Red, lead partner in Cooperation Project 'European Connections in Digital Art' EUCIDA
- Celine Verkest from Miramiro, partner in Cooperation Project 'CASA Circuits' and member of the Circostrada Network.
When we ran this event last year, one participant said: "It fired my imagination." See what other people had to say about last year's Edinburgh event.
Want to hear more about Creative Europe projects and opportunities?
If you're in Edinburgh earlier in the week, you can also book a free ticket to attend our music, theatre and dance-focused panel discussion The Bigger Picture: Partnerships in Europe. This panel looks at projects specifically focused on developing opportunities for artists and other cultural professionals, and will explore the practicalities and benefits of these opportunities.
The event is part of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Industry programme and takes place at Fringe Central on Monday 21 August from 3 - 4.30pm.
Other Creative Europe activity in Scotland
There is plenty of activity from Creative Europe projects in Scotland this summer.
- At the CCA and across Glasgow, there is Scottish Sculpture Workshop's series of artist-led activities Edge Effects, part of the 5 year Frontiers in Retreat project supported by the previous Culture programme.
- At Summerhall in Edinburgh UZ Arts will hold an IN SITU focus symposium, part of the Creative Europe supported IN SITU network on Monday 21 August, as well as an exhibition throughout August and September.
Image credit: Kat Gollock