European Networks and Networking
Battlebridge Room - Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG
Collaboration is a key part of Creative Europe and joining a European network of creative, cultural or heritage organisations can be a great way to engage in new conversations and meet potential partners to collaborate with.
Therefore, Creative Europe Desk UK invites you to the first in a series of events that give UK organisations insight into various European and international networks and help them to be better networked and more integrated in European conversations. On this occasion, we will discuss the value of networks, and hear experiences and case studies from experienced professionals and network representatives.
Programme and Speakers
11am-11.30am Introduction to Creative Europe and networks
11.30am -1pm Presentation of networks featuring
- Laetitia Van De Walle, Administrative and Membership Coordinator, talks about IETM, a Creative Europe-supported international network for contemporary performing arts.
- Clymene Christoforou, Executive Co-Director and Board Member, ISIS Arts, Newcastle, discusses Culture Action Europe, a Creative Europe-supported advocacy and lobby network promoting arts and culture, and aiming to influence European policies for more and better access to culture across the continent.
- (Via Skype) Ros Rigby, Chair of European Jazz Network (EJN) and Performance Programme Director at Sage Gateshead, speaks about EJN and her involvement in the network.
1-2pm Networking lunch
2-3pm Experiences, benefits and journeys through networks
Four case studies from UK cultural professionals about their experience of networks, what they learnt and how their organisations benefitted from the experience.
3-3.30pm Networking break
3.30pm-5pm Panel discussion on networks, featuring:
- Rachel Clare, Crying Out Loud;
- Judith Knight, ArtsAdmin;
- Lisa Finch, Fabrica;
- Beki Bateson, LIFT;
- Clymene Christoforou, Culture Action Europe and Isis Arts
- Laetitia Van De Walle, IETM
- Chaired by Andrew Jones, Senior Programme Manager, Theatre and Dance, at British Council.
5pm-6.30pm Networking drinks
Photo: IETM meeting in Budapest, November 2015. © Balázs Turós
Find out what happened at the event on Storify: